This product is linked to a 3rd party affiliate.
Sunkko Pulse Spot Welder 788H 18650 battery with LED Battery Testing and Charging Function
- APPLICATION: suitable for welding 0.05 - 0.2 mm nickel plated steel strips (0.05 - 0.15 mm pure nickel strip); work with 18650, 14500 battery, etc;
- FUNCTION: spot welding, battery testing and battery charging;
- WELDING CONTROL METHOD: welding by pushing the welding head up or controlling by foot pedal;
- SHIPPING: The spot welder is sent from our Ohio or Nevada warehouse with an estimated shipping time of 2 ~ 4 business days, though expedited shipping is available. We will send you a tracking number after the item ships.
788H is our classic model which enjoys a good reputation and is highly evaluated by our beloved customers. It is specifically designed for battery welding (18650, 14500 battery, etc) and can be used to weld nickel strips with thickness between 0.05 and 0.2 mm for nickel plated steel or between 0.05 and 0.15 mm for pure nickel strip. With the built-in LED light, you can even work at night.
We understand that after the pack is done, the next step would be charging and testing, which is why 788H is equipped with a fast charging port whose voltage and current are adjustable for your convenience and with a testing mode in which you can measure the voltage and calculate the resistance of the battery pack.
Methods of Welding
Fixed Welding Head with Pedal
Different users may have different welding habits, so we added a foot pedal to 788H. Coordinating hands and feet at the same time will also make the long-term spot welding process not so tiring, plus the use of foot pedal during battery welding improves the precision of spot welding.
- Input voltage: AC 110 V±10%
- Welding thickness for nickel plated steel: 0.05 ~ 0.2 mm
- Welding thickness for pure nickel: 0.05 ~ 0.15 mm
Improving the performance of spots
In general, there are four methods to improve the performance of spot welding:
- adjusting welding current;
- adjusting pulse quantity;
- adjusting power knob;
- pressure knob(regulates the pressure between copper welding rods and nickel strip);
You may need to play with them a bit to get the best combination for your specific use.
Preparation steps before welding
- Put on gloves and mask before your battery pack welding process to protect yourself;
- Fit the fixed welding head with copper welding rods before the machine powers on;
- Turn on the welding power switch;
- Adjust the pulse quantity, welding current level, power level as well as pressure knob to make the spots more reliable and elegant.
Battery testing & charging part
In this mode, users can test the current actual voltage of a lithium-ion battery pack, and the testing range is under 50 volts.
- Voltage output: 4.2 ~ 36 V
- Current output: 0 ~ 3 A (Max)
- Precision of constant current: ±2.5%
- Voltage stability: ±1.5%
- Measurement error: ±1.5%
- 788H main machine: 1 pc
- Copper welding rods: 2 pairs
- Battery fixture: 1 pc
- Charging cables: 1 pair
- Foot Pedal: 1 pc
- Fuse: 2 pcs
- Hexagon wrench: 1 pc
- Nickel strips: 4 standard, 120 pcs total